IBM Notes®/Domino® 10.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Release Notice
May 28, 2019
IBM Notes/Domino 10.0.1 Fix Pack 2 (FP2) is now released and is recommended to all customers. If you are running 10.0.1, apply this Fix Pack on top.
10.0.1 Fix Pack 2 is a collection of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM & HCL strongly recommend that customers running Notes/Domino 10.0.1 apply this Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. Fix Packs go through a test cycle to find and fix regressions and interoperability issues prior to release. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all fixes from previous ones. Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 10.0.1x.
For information on IBM Notes/Domino 10.0 (released October 10, 2018) and 10.0.1 (released December 18, 2018) please see the 10.0 / 10.0.1 Release Notice.
For information on IBM Notes/Domino 10.0.1 Fix Pack 1 (released March 30, 2019) please see the 10.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Release Notice.
- Windows 2019 - 10.0.1 FP2 adds support for Windows 2019 on the Domino Server.
- Change of Fix Packs and Hotfixes for 10.0.1 compared to 9.0.1
- Beginning with Notes/Domino 10.0.1, HCL & IBM will ship frequent “Fix Packs” (FP) to improve the overall quality of releases deployed by customers. These Fix Packs will be provided for all platforms for all future release streams (e.g. 10.0.1, 11.0, etc...). The FPs will include:
- All updates from previous FP of same feature release stream
- Any hot fix “proven” since the last FP
- Selected high-quality fixes using Interim Fix (IF) selection criteria in use today
- Security patches including JVM updates
- Fix Packs will not include:
- New Features unless disabled by default
- Translation fixes
- Template changes that would conflict with language kits. (This FP includes autocat.ntf and Forms9.nsf)
- Installing 10.0.1 is a pre-requirement for installing the Fix Pack.
- For information on how to download Notes 10.0.1, see technote #0738469
- For information on how to download Domino 10.0.1, see technote #0738463
- For information on how to download Notes & Domino 10.0.1 Fix Packs, see technote #0871936
Limitations of NotesHTTPRequest and NotesJSONNavigator with future considerations
Where to download XML Manifest File for Domino AUT Catalog to push out Notes client upgrades for 10.0.1 Fix Packs
Configuring cross-origin resource sharing (CORS)
This supersedes 10.0.1 Fix Pack 1.
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack Release
IBM Notes®/Domino® 10.0.1 Fix Pack 2 addresses defects in the Notes Client & Domino Server including all feature components (iNotes, Designer. Admin etc). All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of IBM Notes®/Domino® 10.0.1.
The Notes®/Domino® Fix List website on developerWorks will show you the status of this Fix Pack on the Upcoming Releases tab. This preliminary Release Notice will be updated to include a more descriptive explanation of the problem and fix, where applicable. Also, a link to the technote and regression information will be provided.
Notes/Domino 10.0.1 FP2 contains fixes for approximately 50 known issues, of which are listed below. The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
Note: A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release that did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in Release 10.0.1 but did not exist in Release 10.0 is a regression.
10.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Fix List descriptions:
- SPR# RKHAB7TAFZ - Fixed a problem where copy and paste of a Notes table containing doclinks resulted in the doclinks disappearing in a draft when using "Copy Selected as Table" in html format.
- SPR# CSAOBAU7NB - Fixed a display issue where Japanese six day secondary calendar was not displaying from Jan 6, 2019 onwards.
- SPR#TSAOB4GCDH - Added support for new Japanese Era (Reiwa). This is documented under Technote #0880879.
- +SPR# KKOOB9E3KD - Admin Client - The icon for ID Vault tools section in the People and Configuration tabs of the admin client was missing. This has been corrected. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- +SPR# SOKEB7KJBB - Admin Client - Fixed a problem where HTTPPassword field choice was missing from xACL UI. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- +SPR# MSKAB9YPCC - Admin Client - Previously the Smart Upgrade tool could not be launched from the admin client. The workaround was to open the database directly. This has been corrected. This regression was introduced in 8.0.
- +SPR# ASHEB9ZF6Y - Designer: Fixed a problem where the last saved working set was not shown on the next opening of the Designer. This regression was introduced in 9.0.1 FP10.
- +SPR# GFALB2AHG6 - Designer - Fixed a problem where the Short Cut keys were not working in LotusScript editor. This regression was introduced in 9.0.1 FP10.
- +SPR# MAVAB8EQWP - XPages - Fixed a problem where an error of 'No component found' was happening with ID $$ajaxid=@none to handle the partial page update. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- +SPR# SVROB65556 - Fixed a problem where Group tab documents sometimes show blank window. This regression was introduced in 9.0.1 FP10.
- +SPR# RRENB97MT6 - Fixed a problem in the translate Mac client where the IBM Notes drop down menu was showing a mix of english and the translated language. This regression was introduced in 10.0.1.
- +SPR# SNIRBA28VD - Fixed a Notes client crash that occurred when opening Preferences -> Fonts, Colors and Themes panel repeatedly. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- SPR# ANIABA72QR - Enables NotesDateFormat notes.ini parameter to change date format. Use NotesDateFormat=2 for setting YMD format.
- SPR# MSKABA2HNL - When managing ID vault password reset authorities in the Domino Administration client an internal 64k limit was being reached that prevented more users being added. This has now been corrected.
- SPR# JCUSB9MKXF - Fixed a problem with DomQuery.exe where the thousand's separator wasn't being handled correctly if locale had period for the separator char. Now no longer treats numbers as being locale based.
- SPR# JCORBB2KWU - Fixed a problem where NotesHTTPRequest was unable to support a String arg greater than 64K in a Post or Put request.
- SPR# DCONB8VMAV - LotusScript - Fixed a problem where NotesJSONNavigator was unable to parse json content that was greater than 64K.
- SPR# JJOEAJ5S9Z - LotusScript - Fixed a problem in NotesRichTextNavigator - BeginInsert method where error message 'Error: Position is not valid. On Line..'.
- SPR# KHORB6FRV6 - LotusScript - Fixed a crash in NotesDocument.ReplaceItemValue when invalid input arguments were sent in.
- SPR# PALTB8ANZN - LotusScript - Fixed a problem in NotesSession ConvertMime where temporary files were being created in the wrong directory at times.
- SPR# ASHEB95LFR - LotusScript - Fixed a problem where NotesJSONNavigator was unable to navigate a string which contained new lines and carriage returns.
- SPR# DCONBB2KNR - LotusScript - Fixed a problem in NotesJSONNavigator package parsing when parsing empty strings.
- SPR# DCONBB44T4 - LotusScript - Fixed a crash when using Session.createJSONNavigator.
- SPR# JCUSB83QUF - DQL: Fixed a problem where running updall -e against a database with a default view defined (no selection criteria, no columns) would fail to run. The design will now be successfully cataloged for DQL.
- SPR# JCUSB8HMLE - DQL: Fixed a problem where DQL query terms that begin with single quote and many that have embedded quotes weren't handled correctly.
- SPR# JCUSBA8HVP - DQL: Fixed a crash when doing load domquery -? command. Help text will now be output.
- SPR# JCORB7ENX8 - DQL: Fixed a problem where DominoQuery class allowed for only a small number of Documents or View Entries to be scanned. Now MaxScanDocs and MaxScanEntries properties are Longs, allowing for many more.
- SPR# JCUSB97QL5 - DQL: Fixed a problem where precedence order of terms was not being honored. ANDs are now applied before the ORs.
- SPR# JCUSB9DQEE - DQL: Fixed a problem where an IN clause following an OR or an AND would result in a compile error.
- SPR# JCUSBA7LMW - DQL: Fixed a problem where time-only comparisons were not working correctly. Example: TimeDateFixed = @dt('20:03:51.3900') will now find correct results, performing NSF scans to do so.
- SPR# JCUSBBGNS6 - DQL: Fixed a problem where DQL syntax error messages cited bad view names when it was actually the column name that was erroneous (e.g. 'myview'.badcolumn = <some value>).
- SPR# SRSOB8MPTY - DQL: The maxdoc parameter used to limit query processing will only count each NSF-scanned document once instead of once per query term.
- SPR# JFORB9BQXN - Server shutdowns when the Proton task is running will now no longer hang waiting for long-running DQL queries to complete.
- SPR# DCONB8F6JV - Fixed a problem where LotusScript NotesJsonArray was returning an error when process non ascii characters.
- SPR# DKENAJTT67 - IDVault - Changed default to allow unlimited ID file downloads from ID Vault when SAML authentication to the Vault is used.
- SPR# RPAIBALM9B - IDVault - Increase new Vault trust certificates to be good for 25 years instead of 10 years.
- SPR# TKAAB649CX - Fixed a problem with the collecting schedule for statistics report so that the event generators will only be read/updated if the configuration database has actually changed. It was previously being re-read due to other configuration update logic and that was causing the schedule to be unnecessarily updated.
- +SPR# JPAIBBYRUG - Fixed an issue where database is marked corrupt when going through restart recovery prior to any transaction logs applied. This regression was introduced in 10.0.
- SPR# SWASB9ZQ7P - Fixed a problem where a database created with .ns10 extension had the default ods instead of ods 53.
- SPR# SOKEB8YJAR - Fixed an error where database open failed incorrectly complaining that a consistency check was required.
- SPR# DCKTBAXKVG - Fixed problem preventing a DECS Connection from being created for OLE databases.
- SPR# TKAAB77B3Q - Changes to Domino server event generators (enabled/disable) were not being picked up promptly. The work-around was to restart the event task. This has been fixed.
- SPR# YDEN8RREMN - Add notes.ini controlled setting (ENFORCE_ADMIN_PASSWORD_SYNC=1) to honor the security policy setting of lockdown of the sync internet password with the Notes password.
- SPR# GRHEB8YG4K - Fixed a problem where compact -c -ZU and -ZD failed when attempting to recompress DAOS objects.
- SPR# PALTB4XPVV - Fixed a problem where the Java Document class convertToMime method returned an error on calendar events that had incomplete CD tables.
- SPR# JDFUB6S5MH - Fixed a Domino server hang condition due to a semaphore deadlock.
- SPR# JPMS83PJL3 - Fixed an intermittent router crash with corrupt stack.
- SPR# HPRHBA2FVP - Fixed a problem where the Domino server would crash with error Insufficient memory - NSF folder pool is full.
- SPR# MGANBBGKED - Fixes a potential server crash in Domino Statistics Publishing
- SPR# HYZGB6KA5S - Fixed a Domino Server crash in Router when deleting the existing database due to a concurrency issue between database delete and database open.
- SPR# NBFOBAH73Y - Fixed an issue that could cause an extra CRLF to be appended to text file attachments sent via SMTP.
- SPR# MNGAB89LXA - Fixed a Domino server crash that could occur during compact of a NIFNSF enabled db.
- SPR# PKURBBADKV - Fix an issue when publishing Domino statistics to New Relic that have a backslash character, such as those created when View Usage feature is enabled.
- SPR# BSPRB9WL29 - Replication - Added logging to detect a replication formula note which specifies NO notes classes to replicate.
- SPR# SWASAEXPSC - Fixed an error when running compact -replica where idtable full issue was not fixed due to stub/ghost notes not being correctly handled.
- SPR# OABAB6VL65 - Fixed a potential rare CD to Mime conversion crash in RenderNoteEnum when routing a message over SMTP.
- SPR# MKENB5KHX4 - LSXBE backend code is not aware of new SAML configurations for the web server.
- SPR# CTSI8T4SRZ - LSXBE - Fixed a possible dead lock on a null semaphore where the semaphore was deleted then used by the LSXBE classes.
- SPR# JCORB3WJSW - HTTP Server - fixed a hang that occurred when server was doing many FTSearches and FTUpdates on multiple worker threads.
- +SPR# MSAHB8778L - HTTP Server: Fixed a problem where multiple lines of a rich text paragraph were not correctly hidden even if "Hide Paragraph" is enabled. This regression was introduced in 9.0.
- SPR# KKRYB88KGA - Fixed a crash where LDAP would crash with ERROR - LockMemHandle() Handle 0xC0180478 is not allocated.
- SPR# CSPA8EX62N - Fixed a memory leak that occurred when loading Add-in task and then free it using EventQueueFree. The Event Pool was not being freed.
- SPR# MCAL9XDQGN - Improved IMAP performance.
- SPR# MHAN95ALMN - IMAP Server - Provide a new notes.ini - IMAPCopyMessageLimit=n - to limit the number of messages that can be copied in one IMAP command. This is to prevent a transaction log file full condition.
- SPR# JDTFAPE9XN - Fixed a problem where a "bad" IMAPsearch can hang a thread. The fix leverages a timeout on search via the notes.ini variables DEBUG_IMAPSEARCH_TIMEOUT_SECONDS and DEBUG_IMAPSEARCH_TIMEOUT_MINUTES where you specific timeout in either seconds or minutes for IMAP search. Also have DEBUG_IMAPSEARCH_TIMEOUT_VERBOSE notes.ini variable where when set to 1 will print out debug if the timeout is enabled and a search exceeds it.
- +SPR# CEMABAVNMT - SMTP Import - Fixed a rare intermittent issue where an inbound MIME message's To: or CC: headers were being dropped during SMTP import processing. This regression was introduced in 9.0.
- SPR# KKOOB23DGD - iNotes - Fixed a problem on IE where an extra line spacing will no longer appear when hitting the Enter key within the signature.
- SPR# PPRTB7DFW6 - iNotes - Added new ini setting, iNotes_WA_ReplyToAll_RemoveSentBy=0, to allow option to override removal of sentby from cclist on replyall.
- SPR# SKUEB979RR - iNotes - Fixed a problem where routing path was not being appended from the FromDomain. Routing domains will now remain if iNotes_WA_NoOptimizeLocalRouting is set.
- SPR# JKEYB7MM59 - iNotes - Fixed a problem that snoozed alarm notifications did not appear at the expected time if multiple alarms with the same alarm time were continuously snoozed with same snooze time.
- SPR# JKEYB7MMCW - iNotes - Fixed a problem that some of the alarm notifications did not appear if the user did not close the previous alarm notification and multiple alarms are processed.
- SPR# RCFEBALJSB - iNotes - Fixed a problem where hitting 'p' (lowercase 'p') on the keyboard doesn't work as expected on Firefox 66.
- SPR# NNAIB7DA27 - iNotes - Fixed an issue in Internet Explorer 11: If the default editor for mail is plain text, then choosing insert signature from the More menu inserts more blank lines than when it is automatically added when composing a new mail.